Over the last 6 months I have been carrying out production trials to determine the feasibility of my lease to produce Pacific Oysters for local on-grown markets, where the plan for this Lease is to only produce oysters for sale in the 30 – 40mm size range for on-growing.
To determine the specific requirements of the local on-grown market and so that I can meet these needs effectively, I was hoping that you could help me by answering the following questions:
- Are you interested in buying juvenile oysters for on-growing?
- How much would you be willing to pay for a 30 – 40mm oyster and a 40 – 50mm oyster (price per oyster and including GST)?
- How many oysters in the above size ranges would you buy in any one order?
- How many times per year would you buy an order of this size and quantity?
- At what times of the year would you prefer to buy?
Your answers will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used my myself for sales and production planning.
Thank-you for your help and please don’t hesitate to contact me to discuss any of the above.